An amazing no-bake sweet treat!
A delicious, fresh berry filling in a sweet nut base... What's not to love!
You will need:
- 10 big Medjool dates
- 150g organic almonds
- 60g nuts of your choice (hazel, walnut, cashew, pecans)
- 60g sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons raw organic coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
Berry filling ingredients:
- 300g fresh blackberries or raspberries (or mix them)
- 300g fresh blueberries 3 twigs of fresh basil – If available, use the Red Basil, looks even better! (pick off the leaves and if there are blossoms on the twigs, you can use them too)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 150ml full fat organic coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon organic potato starch
- 1 teaspoon Agar-Agar
+ 150gr mixed fresh berries and some basil leaves / blossoms for decoration
1. Gently roast the nuts & seeds in a pan, do not use oil but a coated pan.
Set aside to cool down. Cut the dates into small chunks.
Put nuts, seeds, dates, coconut oil and salt into a normal blender (don’t
Use high speed, you don’t want to process it too much) and mix to a
medium fine nut size.
2. Grease a normal sized springform pan (26cm width) well with coconut
oil. Take the nut dough out of the mixer with wet hands (it is sticky!) and
press it into the pan, forming an approx. 2cm edge on the sides. Put the
pan into the fridge and let it cool for 30mins.
3. Meanwhile take the basil leaves and process them in a blender together
with the berries. Pass the mixture through a sieve to make it really nice
and smooth. Add coconut milk, lime juice and maple syrup. Prepare the
potato starch (use a bit of cold water to completely dissolve the starch in a cup before adding it to the berry mixture!!!) and Agar Agar (read the instructions on the package and do it accordingly)
4.Put the berry mix into a pot and gently heat it up until it starts to boil, stirring it all the time. Let the berry mix cool down for a while, then take the nut cake base out of the fridge, fill up the pan with the berry mix and put it back into the fridge for at least 4 hours. Decorate with fresh berries & basil leaves before serving
Decorate with fresh berries & basil leaves before serving