Pesto Zoodle Salad
An easy alternative to pasta.
Using your courgette as noodles is such a simple way of adding in a whole chunk of great veg to your meal.
It is so quick and easy to make, it really does make a fab alternative to spaghetti or pasta.
A few tips for the best zoodles:
- leave them unpeeled as most of the flavour and nutrients are in the skin
- try different coloured courgettes to create a rainbow plate
- try added garlic and other spices to create alternatives to the original recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes - Cook time: 5 minutes - Serves: 3
You will need:
- 4 courgettes, cut into ribbons - 4 tbsp sugar free pesto
- 3 tbsp olive oil (or equivalent) - Half block of vegan feta cheese (VioLife), crumbled
- 3/4 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
To make your zoodles (Zucchini Noodles) you can either cut thinly into ribbons, use a spiraliser or with a julienne peeler.
Start by lightly sautéing the sliced courgette on a medium heat for around 1 minute.
Leave to cool slightly, then coat the zoodles in pesto and olive oil.
Toss in a large bowl with the chopped tomatoes and crumbled vegan feta